The residents of Historic Oakwood in Downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, love to dress up their homes and their neighborhood for the holidays. Each year the Historic Oakwood Garden Club brings in outside judges to choose the winners in several categories.
The 2022 categories are:
- The Ames Christopher Award – A special award given in honor of our late long-time neighbor for exceptional creativity in design and presentation.
- A Traditional Christmas – Celebrates greenery with the use of wreaths and roping, accented simply with traditional bows.
- Spotlight on Nature – Characterized by the use of natural (or natural-looking) materials such as fruit, pine, cedar, nandina, magnolia, and holly with accents that highlight the decor.
- Delightfully Charming – Characterized as having an attractive holiday design, not complex in execution.
- Winter Whimsical – Encourages the use of a creative, unique, or eclectic theme of any materials that inspire joy in the beholder.
- Contemporary Design – Encourages a modern, streamlined Christmas where traditional opulence gets a new sense of style. Creative modernity while maintaining holiday cheer.
- Best Wreath – Judges’ preference
- Best Use of Lighting – Judges’ preference
- Light up the Night – Celebrates the warm glow of holiday cheer.
- Lights of Many Colors – Encourages the use of multicolored and/or different styles of lighting.
Enjoy this video compilation of the 2022 winners: