With extreme temperatures forecast here in the Raleigh area, it’s important to take steps to protect your home from the damage that can be caused by water pipes freezing and bursting.
- Close your crawlspace vents or cover them with cardboard.
- Disconnect your outdoor water hoses and cover the faucets.
- Keep your kitchen and bathroom sink faucets dripping overnight.
- Keep the cabinets under your sinks open.
- Turn on a faucet or two and flush the toilet in the middle of the night.
- Empty the ice in your freezer so your ice maker keeps your water pipes busy.